Saturday 15 May 2010

GFW HERE I COME!!

It was a surreal experience to be confirmed for London's  Graduate Fashion Week - I don't think I have ever really had my dreams come true before, until now, and I am quite humbled by it all. 

It really still hasn't even sunk in, I still feel as if it's not real, that it's a dream or someone will come up to me and be like "JUST KIDDING" (which would be horrible to say the least)....

I am still afraid I won't be good enough, I really want to make everyone proud, I don't want to let people down. I just have to work really hard for this final push, and make sure I don't take any shortcuts...

I mean for Monday (hand-in) not everything will be finished...but in a way I am okay with that, dissapointed of course, but I am coming to terms with the fact that I value my work and what I do, and I wouldn't want to rush finishing just for this deadline in particular.

I never have wanted anything so badly, and I just can't believe how lucky I am, I never thought something like this would happen to me, I don't think I have thought that I deserve much happiness or good things for quite some time now...so in a way I still question "do I really deserve this?"

But you know what? I know that I have worked hard, and I guess this just confirms this is what I'm meant to be doing - I am still currently in a grateful daze of astonishment.

I haven't felt genuinely this happy for quite some time, tears of joy fell from my eyes after I heard the words "you're in". 


This is just the beginning...


As my bracelet says "Live the life you imagine"

:)

>

No comments:

Post a Comment