Wednesday 3 June 2009


AIB LIVE presents...INSPIRED


So just recently I had my FdA Graduating Fashion Show.
It was the most intense feeling on the day. Nothing else mattered but trying to get everything perfect for those 2, forty-five minute performances, where my garments would be shown for a total time of two minutes. As the start of the afternoon performance, my heart was beating out of my chest. Everything I had worked for over the last four months..I was about to see on the catwalk, I was about to see the fruits of my labour. AND boy was it worth it. Just before my collection came out I was having a bordering panic attack. I was thinking of everything that could go wrong, hoping that by some miracle it would all go right. 

As my music starts playing, I can feel my heart beating in my ears. Adrenaline is high, and then from out behind the center screen, my first model walks. I can't even begin to explain the excitement that came over me. I couldn't believe that the models on the runway in front of me were wearing MY clothes - I was in a fashion show! Every detail that I was so meticulous about getting right, went my way...for once. All the accessories were put on by the dressers well, the clothes were put on properly, I couldn't ask for two better shows. A sense of achievement consumed me, and then all of a sudden a sense of dissapoinment. I couldn't help but feel that I could have done more. I fit the brief accordingly I think, but when I looked at other peoples collection all I could see was the large number of garments, and then I looked at my collection, which had a total of four looks. I mean I fit all the criteria. But I want to stand out, I want to be thes best at what I do. or I want to do my best, and I guess overall I don't feel I did my best this time. It saddens me I haven't done more, and that I wasn't chosen by marketing to get my collection photographed. In a sense though I see the benefits of not being the best this time. If anything I feel ever more inclined to push myself next year. I want to so badly get into Graduate Fashion Week 2010. It really is what I've dreamed of since I started this course. I didn't even know it existed before...but now it is definitely a goal of mine. Why can't I be the next up&coming designer? Why can't it be my turn for success, why can't this be my chance? If I don't try I will never know. I will do everything in my power to put my best foot forward next year to achieve my dream. This summer I will be researching non-stop! I'm going to be a machine!

There is no stopping me now...


Bobby



No comments:

Post a Comment