Wednesday 18 November 2009

'CRUNCH TIME'

Sooooo I am now just halfway through this project....I have been so stressed with finding my footing, that I forgot the whole point of having a blog. I could have opened up all my frustrations on here instead of keeping them all in my head or written on random pieces of paper that I'm sure I've lost by now.

I think it's been so hard this first term because we were asked to explain who we are as individuals and as designers, which is probably  the hardest thing to do. Rarely does one ever look at themselves so closely. Of course as you go through the process, by the end of it you realize how self aware you have become.

However, I do believe that it has benefitted me greatly. I now know so much more about myself - how I work, what makes me tick...it's amazing...getting there just took a little more time than I would have liked.

ANYWAYS


I just had my Mid-Way crit. last week and got the results this week! Everything was in the good category! Which is GOOD...because I definitely expected satisfactory or below. It's not that I don't believe in my work or that I'm not passionate, it's just I wasn't sure what my tutors would think...and well being new to the course and all...it's a little intimidating...this is their first impression of me - needless to say, it was a wee bit scary. 

All is well now, just a little behind and when I say 'little' I mean quite a bit behind...and last weeks little 'bad flu' incident didn't help either. I know what I need to do though....so i just have to DO IT! Ladies and gentlemen, it is now officially 'CRUNCH TIME'. Let's do this!!

BUT I will put up some photos of what I have been up to since my absence from blogger!

Clothes pegs have never been cooler...
I've been taking them apart and creating some pretty neat patterns. I'm thinking I will screen print some of my fabric for my outfit.
I have the picture in my head...now I just have to produce it.


Surrealism is my inspiration - The idea of taking reality(objects), taking them apart and then recreating something out of it that may or may not make sense. It's exciting, and it's funnily enough how I work best. I explore things that already exist. I really enjoy De-co/Re-co...





more photos to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment