Sunday 25 October 2009

De-Co/Re-Co Disaster


So it has been about a month that we all have been in uni. Let's start from the beginning....

On the second day we had a de-co/re-co project, which to be honest I thought i was prepared for until they told me to cut up my vintage dress from my 21st birthday....uhhh no! so well since I couldn't cut that up I was very limited. I brought fabrics in but they were completely opposite to my delicate, and detailed black dress. I brought in a harsh sliver lycra....yeaaaah....not much to work with.

which don't get me wrong...was inspiring but, combined with everything else I had brought in and the lack creativity due to the absence of my morning coffee...I was spent!

Well I did some sketches and decided to accentuate the shoulders - which was inspired by the shape of the glass when I turned it upside down.

and then I started coming up with stuff like this...
So basically what happened was I started a new look and decided to make one single garment from the fabrics I had brought in...
Well let me tell you...I actually heard the words "Get rid of those wings, just get rid of them" said the visiting tutor (whose name was also Robin) referring to the strong shoulder line I had made on my cape...capette?? 

Anyways I was embarassed - I spent all this time on these stupid shoulder pad thingy's...but it looked ridiculous, my fabrics were all so different...nothing looked good.

So frantically at the last minute...I am trying to re-work this piece of clothing(?)...seriously though, not really sure what it is to this day.

I grabbed Suphattra and re-styled this whole thing. Wrapping it under and over her arms, behind her back, around her neck....And the result was this:

NOT my proudest moment, but it can only get better from here on in...right?
at the end of the day I just was so eager to start my first project. It was really hard to focus or give energy to anything else that I didn't think was directly related to it...

thoughts?



Nope, just glad that's over with.


No comments:

Post a Comment